Our neighborhood allows an annual garage sale...so throughout the year to help keep me organized I have a bin or drawer in each room to keep my garage sale items. Then when the annual date comes up I can
get my items together much quicker.
A few tips for a successful garage sale:
- Price / tag your items with prices to sell...you can also tell folks to make you an offer as you greet them the day of the sale
- Be organized...group like / similiar items together
- Use tables to display your items...please don't put your items all over the ground...a sheet on the ground does not help! If you don't have tables ask a neighbor or friend, use stacked bins, be creative
- Save up those plastic grocery store bags so you can offer a bag to your buyer
- Create some great childhood memories for your little one with a lemonade stand...let them make their own sign, give them a table and a cute umbrella and add some real whole lemons on the table
- Have a cooler with ice and bottles of water and cans of soda that you can sell for .50 or .75 each
- Donate what doesn't sell to a place like Goodwill or The Salvation Army
- Check out my page on eBay before you put stuff to the garage sale pile!