Monday, October 4, 2010

DO Something!



October 4, 2010

Who Am I by Casting Crowns beautifully reminds us who we all belong to!

I just spent an amazing weekend at our church and I am so excited to share my joyful take-aways with you!

Hubby and I attended the Love Worth Fighting For Marriage Event that was hosted at our church and took away so much from the entire experience. I will make future posts but felt the need to share first with you two organizations I was introduced to through this event and another closer to home non-profit.

It is so cool when I see people use their talents to help others and give glory to God! Kirk Cameron and Warren Barfield introduced us to two organizations that offer an incredible opportunity to help others:

  • Camp Firefly offers a once in a lifetime experience for terminally and seriously ill children and their families.
  • Food For The Hungry's mission is to walk with churches, leaders and families in overcoming all forms of human poverty by living in healthy relationship with God and His creation.

It is so inspiring to see people take a small step of faith to let God make big things happen for His glory! Two girls at our church did just that by starting their non-profit, Birds of Hope. They sell beautiful birds they make and donate all profits to Active Water, who brings clean water and sanitation projects to needed communities throughout the globe.

As I have said before, if we don't model giving of our time, talents and resources for our children, how can we expect them to become giving adults? I am very thankful for these girls...they are providing a wonderful example for my girlie and me!

I have added these organizations' links to my Helping Others page. If you have an organization that I can share on my site, please tell me about it. I hope to increase awareness of as many worthy organizations as I can. I know I am looking forward to discovering more!

6 comments:

  1. Michelle, I tried to head over to your helping others page and it said it wasn't in service anymore, but here are mine:
    1-Angel Tree Ministries
    2-Victory Junction Gang Camp
    3- Saint Jude's Hospital
    4-Southwest Autism Center in Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ranny! I moved everything to my blog here. Thanks for the organizations, I will add them on my helping others page on my blog. Baby is coming soon so forgive me if it takes me awhile. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This site is great and just loaded with helpful info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the great content and the knowledgeable information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a great job with this site. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the good work!
    by-videos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails