Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Barbie Olympics

February 17, 2010

My girlie and I had such a good time today making our own Olympic ice arena...and I really had fun playing with it too!

Kim at Mom Tried It hosted a link-up yesterday for Try & Tell Tuesday where moms can share great stuff. Vanessa at Silly Eagle Books added a post on making your own mini-olympic ice rink...sheer genius! Check out her post for great pics and how-to.

I knew my girlie would flip over this idea! I had her do a search on the computer for images of the Olympic rings and then she used a play food can to make her circles in the appropriate colors. One heads up, depending on your water it may not dry crystal clear, we have hard water, so bottled water may have been better for us.

I'll admit I am not the best at executing crafty ideas but my girlie doesn't care about perfection she just loves us doing stuff together! That was good in this case because my rink was not exactly flat in the freezer so we had a hill on the rink...which we quickly decided was a cool sled hill! We used Barbie's sister Kelly and a few other doll house dolls...she even used a fishing pole with a fish on it from her doll house to do some ice fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails