Friday, February 26, 2010

THANKFUL...Friday Follow

February 26, 2010

Friday Follow

Happy Friday Follow! What am I thankful for this Friday? My Mom is coming home today! She has been gone a month and a half, but it feels like a year and a half (see my post on Grandma Stella for why). I am thankful that I am excited that she is coming home too...we have had our struggles with each other and went through some pretty tough life experiences together (whether I wanted to or not).

For years I listened to what others said and what I observed...Mothers and Daughters will argue, disagree, not be as close as Fathers are with Daughters...yadda yadda more not so positive views I'll spare you from! Did you know that because God can't call you up or e-mail you to set you straight he instead sends us a person? God sent not one, but two special people into my life about 10 years ago (CT & SB). SB had a wonderful relationship with her Mom...yes they had disagreements, but what I learned from her was that it IS possible to have a loving, close, supportive relationship with your Mom!

CT taught me to appreciate the mercy, love and forgiveness that God gave me. I discovered that sometimes, when you don't realize it, you are holding resentment towards someone over circumstances that happened long ago. That resentment is a wall that you hide behind, keep your love behind, a wall that doesn't allow that person to be with the real you. I learned that I need to give the same mercy, love and forgiveness to others that God gives me.

I am thankful for CT & SB. I am thankful that I can be as excited for my Mom coming home as my girlie is that her Grandma is coming home. Ultimately, I am thankful that God is in control, because He made this day possible!


MckLinky Blog Hop


3 comments:

  1. I am already a follower and proud to be one:) I have tears in my eyes my friend:) I am assuming here, so if not then disregard, lol! I am so glad you and your mom have grown so close. Your girlie is blessed to have two amazing women in her life to look up to:)

    Shea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday Follow! I'm your newest following friend. I'd love for you to drop by my blog sometime. While you're there, you can enter to win a 10x10 Photographic Print by Red Leaf Photography that is amazing!! I hope to see you around soon!!

    http://savingsandstewardship.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower ~~ from Friday Follow!
    Hope you have a great weekend. Would love for you to pop over my way ...
    http://myreasonstoblog.blogspot.com/
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails