Monday, February 22, 2010

What's In Your Crockpot?

February 22, 2010

I am in love with my crockpot...the yummy smells throughout the house and I save money by getting more than one meal out of my efforts! I am always looking for new recipes to try so when Connie at Smockity Frocks posted that she was hosting a link-up with crockpot recipes I was so excited! Check out her site for all of the yummy shared recipes!

Connie has a new nifty crockpot with THREE pots! That will be added to my wish list...I love to have family and friends over so one of those would come in handy for chili con queso , sweet and sour meatballs , mocha supreme (my mom's favorite!)...of course after looking at the huge list of recipes at Smockity Frocks I may need even more crock pots and decide to do everything from appetizers to dessert for my next gathering!

I also found a recipe at All Recipes that Once A Month Mom has linked too for zesty slow cooker chicken barbeque . We tried it a few weeks ago and loved it!! We could not wait for dinner after smelling it for hours!

My poor girlie has been so sick all day and I need to get back to her. Thankfully I made crock pot chili yesterday so we have that for hubby and I for dinner tonight! I don't have an exact recipe for the chili...here is what I throw in the crock pot for 6-8 hours on low:

  • ground turkey (shhh don't tell my husband it's not beef!)
  • large 32 oz can of diced or crushed tomatoes
  • 1 small can EACH drained of light kidney beans, dark kidney beans, cannelini beans
  • 1 envelope of chili seasoning
  • some chopped onion
  • top with shredded cheddar and diced onions and enjoy!

You can also use leftovers for a taco salad topped with sour cream and shredded cheese and Tostitos chips!



1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails