If you are like my Mom and don't like to shop for the best price or deals do yourself a favor and ask a frugal friend to come along shopping with you!
Mom just came home on Friday with a new puppy! She is a Havanese named Sasha...totally cute!
Since Mom brought her back to Florida on a plane she needed lots of basic doggie supplies. My girlie decided to put Sasha in her doll crib, but we all decided she needed doggie digs instead!
When Mom told me the dog supply store she was planning on buying her supplies at I offered to take her around to some stores to help her save a little money. I know it is hard to shop around when you want to just get what you know you need and be done with the task...but here's what we learned:
- Doggie Kennels are at least $20 cheaper at Walmart than they are at dog supply stores like Pet Supermarket and Petco.
- Doggie brushes are about $1 cheaper at Target and Walmart than at dog supply stores. Mom found a better one for $1 cheaper at Target.
- Doggie harnesses and collars were cheaper by as much as $10 at Petco than at Pet Supermarket.
- There are some specialty items that you will only find at dog supply stores, like nifty latex bowls that snap in to a stand that Mom bought.
- Shopping between stores CAN save you money!
We live in a smaller town and don't have a PetsMart, but when we lived in the "big city" we found they had good prices too.
Shopping around takes time and Mom wouldn't have done it on her own. She was really grateful for the savings and the shopping companion! So the next time you have shopping to do, ask your frugal friend to join you...it's not a bother to them because they LOVE to save money and find great deals!