Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Works For Me Wednesday: Super Secret Message

March 17, 2010

My girlie loves spelling, puzzles and craft time so I combined them into one activity...Super Secret Message! She was so excited to decode the message from me!

I simply took three pieces of white paper and numbered each in the upper corner (1,2,3). Then I took three pieces of construction paper and numbered each in the upper corner (1,2,3).

I thought of three words that she knows how to spell that would form the message: Mom Loves You!

On the construction paper numbered 1 I made bubble letters in a jumble: O M M

On the construction paper numbered 2 I made bubble letters in a jumble: V O L E S

On the construction paper numbered 3 I made bubble letters in a jumble: O U Y

When it was time for her to decode my secret message I gave her scissors, a glue stick and spread out in a row the white papers in number order 1-3. I gave her the construction papers and explained that she would start with 1, cut the letters out, unscramle them on the table then paste them to the white paper numbered 1 spelling the first word in the message. Then she would move on to number 2 and finally number 3.

She was so proud of herself when she finished decoding the message! I was super proud of her too! This was easy to create...it took me longer to type the instructions than it did to make this activity for her! Easy for me, entertaining for her, that works for me!

This post is linked with We Are That Family for Works For Me Wednesday. Hop over there to see other helpful tips & ideas!

2 comments:

  1. super cute! This would be a fun party game, too for a birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. The Affectionate One is just at the right age to enjoy this kind of activity!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails