Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday: Italian Beef 3 Ways

March 9, 2010


Blessed with Grace

I think my hubby may like my crockpot more than me! I say may because while he loves that I am cooking more beef than I did before, there are some recipes that he kindly smiles and tells me they're good, but we both know they won't be making a repeat on any future menus I plan!

This Italian Beef recipe was a hit though! I found it on allrecipes.com. I used the beef from this recipe to make Italian Beef Sandwiches on hoagie rolls one night, Italian Beef Wraps another night, and BBQ Beef sandwiches for two nights! No we didn't have beef for a week...I froze the cooked beef in containers with enough for four one night dinners!

To make the Beef Wraps I added lettuce, pickle and Kraft Sandwich spread. My hubby gave me the idea to make it like our own Big Mac Wraps!

To make the BBQ Beef sandwiches I added a bottle of my favorite BBQ sauce...simple!

I adapted their recipe based on comments from users on their site to this:

  • 2 Cups Beef Broth
  • 1 Cup Water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 1 tsp onion salt
  • 1 tsp parsley
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2 small dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix (I think they were .7 or .8 oz)
  • 5 lb chuck roast

Combine liquids and spices to boil in pot/pan. Pour over Beef in crockpot. Cook on low 10-12 hours or high 4-5 hours. Remove bay leaf and shred.

What other ideas do you have to do for dinner with the Italian Beef?

This post is linked up with Lisa at Blessed With Grace for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Check out her site for more yummy link ups!


2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails