Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday : Mile-High Squares

Blessed with Grace

One of the things I am doing to reduce our grocery bill is making my own treats instead of buying packages of cookies. I was shocked when I looked at how much I spent every month on packages of cookies (my husband IS the cookie monster)! I have discovered that making my own treats saves money, taste better and they last longer. I know many of you realize this little fact already, but I am guilty of buying too many convenience foods.

I tried this recipe off of a Nestle Toll House Butterscotch Morsel bag and oh my...yummy! I am not a huge fan of butterscotch, but this recipe adds chocolate and peanut butter so the butterscotch is not the star of the show.

Chocolate Marshmallow Mile-High Squares

  • 2 cups Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (I used milk chocolate ones)

  • 1 2/3 cups Nestle Toll House Butterscotch Flavored Morsels

  • 1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter (I used creamy)

  • 9 cups mini marshmallows

  • 1 cup peanuts

Line 13 x 9 inch baking pan with foil

Microwave both flavors of morsels and peanut butter in a large, uncovered, microwave safe bowl on med-high for about 2 minutes; Stir. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-15 second intervals until melted. Cool for 1 minute. Stir in marshmallows and peanuts.

Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares.

I kept them in a sealed container in the refrigerator once they were cut into squares...yummy!

This post is linked up with Lisa at Blessed With Grace for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Check out her site for more delish dishes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails