Before girlie was born I remember thinking about what expenses would be temporary...diapers and wipes were at the top of that list. She's now 5 and I can't imagine not having baby wipes handy!
I keep a convenient travel pack that I refill daily in my bag wherever we go. My hubby thinks I should use something with antibacterial stuff in it, but I like how gentle the wipes I use are. They must be better than nothing because we don't get sick too often. Here are a few instances we use them:
- Wiping down the table when we eat out
- They work better than a napkin with messy foods
- We have annual passes to Disney...hands are constantly wiped after rides, activities, you name it
- Great for a clean-up after the lolly pop from the bank in the car
- After dance class in the car...before she eats her snack
- After church...again before snack time in the car
- When we are out shopping and girlie wants a snack after touching everything...out comes the wipes
- After the doctor or dentist office...you know they are touching stuff and of course want a snack!
- I read a new one for home use, tried it, works great...cleaning my plantation shutters!
I know washing hands is best, but as you can see I would be in public restrooms a lot...and don't get me started on how I feel about those! I do have little bottles of antibacterial liquid for serious disinfecting, but I don't use them all the time because they can be harsh on your hands...especially as often as I feel the need to clean!
Our kids really do learn from what we do...my girlie does not like dirty hands or face while eating! Don't worry she is not as crazy as I am! Keeping our family clean, healthy and now dust free works for me!
This post is linked with We Are THAT Family for Works For Me Wednesday. Check out the other creative solutions over there!