Once I was able to move beyond feeling old I really appreciated the good lesson they were teaching. My girlie has also enjoyed playing Arthur's Groovy Garden that asks "which is greener" questions and you get to plant a garden. For parents, though I find Arthur's garden fun too, check out this site I found from Consumer Reports, greenerchoices.org
Here are some things we do to be greener:
- I have a drawer that I keep paper that is used on one side. My girlie knows to use the paper from that drawer to color and draw on the other side.
- We use CFL bulbs inside and outside, shut off lights when we are not in a room, and use the sunshine through the windows instead of turning on a light switch.
- We recycle bin newspaper, bottles, cans...my girlie looks for the symbol on the bottom of things to see if we can recycle them.
- We donate to Goodwill, use ebay, yard sales, and others to avoid throwing out or buying new all the time.
- In the winter we set the heat lower and in the summer set the a/c higher.
- We are hoping for better success this year with our garden!
- We don't leave the water running while brushing our teeth.
- We use rechargeable batteries in all of our toys.
- We enjoy our bird feeder in the backyard. Here's a link for how to build a recycled one!
What do you do to be greener?
This post is linked with We Are THAT Family for Works For Me Wednesday. Check out the other helpful posts there!